Whether you are here for shopping, sightseeing, or both, there is plenty for you to do and see in Athboy and around.
- Relax – walk or discover on the Athboy Heritage Trail. You can find a convenient guide here.
- Shop – Athboy has a wide range of boutiques and gift shops to pick up something special. The village is also home to McElhinneys of Athboy – a national institution in menswear, ladiesware, and bridal.
- Eat – Have lunch or dinner in local restaurants or pubs including the
- Darnley Lodge Hotel – a renowned wedding venue and source of good food, or
- The Copper Canopy – famous for its BBQ ribs and 20 oz Texan Steaks
- Be Merry – And relax over a drink in one of more than 10 different pubs and clubs in the village.
- Loughcrew Gardens
- Trim Castle
- The Hill of Tara
- Grove Gardens – fun for all the family
- Tayto Park
- Ballinlough Castle Golf Course
- Newgrange Farm
- The Hill of Ward
Festivals And Events
- Body And Soul – Ballinlough Castle, Co. Westmeath.
- Blue Jean Country Queen Festival
- St. James’s Fest